Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Other White Meat

Tonight, I decided to use some pork as my main ingredient. I found this recipe online and thought it was pretty good! I cut this recipe in half and used 2 pieces of pork but i will put the normal recipe on here. I also decided to add frozen vegetable to the rice (cooking them in the microwave first) for nutritional reasons. :)

Sweet and Sour Pork Loin Medallions

5 or 6 boneless pork tenderloin medallions

2 tablespoons vinegar

1/4 c. catsup

Dash of nutmeg

Salt & pepper

1/4 c. sugar

1 c. water

Brown pork pieces in oil. Drain off oil. Add all other ingredients (I mixed them together in a bowl first) and cook slowly for 20-30 minutes or until liquid is reduced. Pour excess red sauce over rice.

Easy peasy, right?! Tastes good too!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lora said...

Yum! Looks good! Was the pork tender? Did you use white rice or brown rice (just askin' for nutritional reasons)? :)

Taylie said...

Yes, the pork was tender and no I didn't use brown rice cuz it takes so long to cook.