Saturday, May 2, 2009

Leslie's Hope

Today, I had the honor of walking in the memory of Amy's mom, Leslie. It was a 5 mile marathon for Cystic Fibrosis, around Lake Calhoun. Amy, Lovina, and I met Amy's dad and sister at K-mart and drove to Lake Calhoun. Many of their family and friends were there and we all were wearing our blue shirts that said "Leslie's Hope" on them. I have never done any kind of marathon before and I thought it was really cool. After finishing the walk we decided to go eat at Chipotle, a very sufficient reward, I thought. It has been a good first half of the day...now on to studying.

1 comment:

Lora said...

What a wonderful way to spend a morning...walking with dear friends in memory of a loved one. I'm glad you were able to participate. Perhaps CF fundraising and support will be a cause always close to your heart.